IntellivisionRevolution Forums
Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of IntellivisionRevolution Forums on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 63 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 62 Guests :: 1 Bot

drwhotrades

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 189 on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:05 am
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The Intellivision Forums
Statistics
We have 463 registered users
The newest registered user is greenturtle39

Our users have posted a total of 4155 messages in 882 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Intellivision Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ways to advertise this Forum?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ways to advertise this Forum? Empty Ways to advertise this Forum? Tue 20 Mar 2012, 10:31 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
Admin

I am linking it to Facebook and twitter. Just my own, what other ways to get the word out?

I also am adding the URL to Google and other search engines.

Any suggestions?

Im sure it will take years to get real busy.

or die a slow death!! affraid Very Happy

http://www.intvrevolution-forum.com

2Ways to advertise this Forum? Empty Re: Ways to advertise this Forum? Sat 31 Mar 2012, 1:31 pm

sloan

sloan

Members who add it to their signature line on other gaming forums is always a good thing. Biggest thing I have seen with new forum sites is getting members from other forums to see it as a viable alternative, and often it comes down to getting active members on board. I was involved with a similar project called silvermoonxtreme in 2009, but we just could not get many other forum posters to see it as a viable site, for myriad reasons. Comments that were made to me on at least two other sites where I made mention were, "It seems like a beta version", or, "There are no posters over there". Well, how do you change that without newbs becoming active in those forums?

3Ways to advertise this Forum? Empty Re: Ways to advertise this Forum? Sat 31 Mar 2012, 3:43 pm

Rev

Rev
Admin
Admin

for some reason silvermoonxtreme sounds familiar. could just be a coincidence. Is it still around?

I think a forum needs to be attached to some kind of main news site as well. Im going to make some kind of video game news site for all systems, maybe retro only after i complete the intellivision site.

http://www.intvrevolution.com

4Ways to advertise this Forum? Empty Re: Ways to advertise this Forum? Sat 31 Mar 2012, 3:45 pm

Rev

Rev
Admin
Admin

Hey, this forum dont look like a "beta" does it?

I didnt want an incomplete site that looks under construction. this is it...unless someone suggests some sub-forum or a dedicated system or something like that...

5Ways to advertise this Forum? Empty Re: Ways to advertise this Forum? Sat 31 Mar 2012, 11:18 pm

sloan

sloan

Silvermoonxtreme was run by a regular from AA who goes by "gamerz" on those forums. Stan Jr from AA was one of the mods along with myself and another guy named Joe. The site had a lot of good content including an extensive database of 2600 controllers and NES controllers. I contributed lots to the Intellivision database in the way of overlay scans and manual scans. What ended the site was that Jeff aka gamerz aka silvermoon became unemployed and could no longer pay hosting fees or to keep the URL registered.

No, IMO, this site does not look beta, neither did silvermoonxtreme to me.

6Ways to advertise this Forum? Empty Re: Ways to advertise this Forum? Sun 01 Apr 2012, 10:36 pm

Rev

Rev
Admin
Admin

very interesting...

7Ways to advertise this Forum? Empty Re: Ways to advertise this Forum? Tue 17 Apr 2012, 9:08 am

sloan

sloan

Admin wrote:I am linking it to Facebook and twitter. Just my own, what other ways to get the word out?

I also am adding the URL to Google and other search engines.

Any suggestions?

Im sure it will take years to get real busy.

or die a slow death!! affraid Very Happy

Meta tags are key to listing on search engines. Use an HTML editor and insert invisible meta tags into the main page code (index page on many sites), usually within the page header is where I have inserted them on my web pages. Tags like Atari, Intellivsion, Genesis, Playstation, Dreamcast, etc. will get the search engines cranking. These tags are what will drive this site toward the top of the Google and Yahoo results pages. Without proper use of meta tags, any site will wallow in search engine obscurity. FYI.

8Ways to advertise this Forum? Empty Re: Ways to advertise this Forum? Tue 17 Apr 2012, 9:35 am

sloan

sloan

Another thing to mention about meta tags:

The list can be as long and extensive in the page header as you want to make it. I recommend making it extensive, listing every game console manufacturer, 3rd party controller, and prominent game you can think of. Everything from "Interact" (controller manufacturer) to "Turbografx" to "White Water" should be listed in this site's meta tag information. The search engines will then list this site in the results page whenever someone searches for "Atari", "Quickshot controller" or "Trakball". This is how the big sites get found and grow.

9Ways to advertise this Forum? Empty Re: Ways to advertise this Forum? Sat 12 May 2012, 5:57 pm

GatorDude

Rookie
Rookie

You could participate in other forums with a link back to this one in your signature line. For example, you could join Thrift Shopper Forum and brag on all your thrift store finds with a special emphasis on gaming.

http://thewatchdude.blogspot.com/

10Ways to advertise this Forum? Empty Re: Ways to advertise this Forum? Sat 12 May 2012, 9:36 pm

sloan

sloan

Just curious, Rev, to know if you used my suggestion to put metatags into the HTML coding for the site.

11Ways to advertise this Forum? Empty Re: Ways to advertise this Forum? Sat 12 May 2012, 11:55 pm

Rev

Rev
Admin
Admin

Hi, I did put a bunch of keywords in the meta tag section when i made the forum, I will double check and add more. I need to go ahead and make my other website that will use this forum. It will be a retro game news style blog site and all stories will link to the forum and a new youtube channel to go with it...alot of work ahead!

12Ways to advertise this Forum? Empty Re: Ways to advertise this Forum? Sun 13 May 2012, 11:23 pm

GatorDude

Rookie
Rookie

You can also develop repositories of articles and other resources on free sites like squidoo and bring folks back here via links.

http://thewatchdude.blogspot.com/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum