IntellivisionRevolution Forums
Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of IntellivisionRevolution Forums on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 189 on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:05 am
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The Intellivision Forums
Statistics
We have 463 registered users
The newest registered user is greenturtle39

Our users have posted a total of 4155 messages in 882 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Intellivision Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stop me if you've already seen this someplace else

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wongojack

wongojack
Janitor
Janitor

I have vague memories of playing an Intellivision somewhere as a child, but it wasn't until the internet came along that I really got the urge to go back and discover what this amazing console has to offer.  I guess some people really can't get past the controller, but it has its place and does some things well.  I'm happy to be an advocate for the Intellivision and joining this forum is really overdue for me.  Here is what I share as an introduction for such occasions:

I had an older brother and I would play 2600 games with him and his best friend. The friend had a way to pirate 2600 games that I still don't understand, but as a result, I got my first experience with classics like Space Invaders, Pac Man, Asteroids and Missile Command on the 2600.

Since I was just as vulnerable as any 5-7 year old to the Chuck-E-Cheese phenomenon, I got sucked into the arcade as soon as I could reach the controls. Glowing, hypnotic images of Dirk the Daring later brought me back into the arcades of Virginia Beach's malls when the newest game was a whopping 75 cents and my parents usually refused to pay.

I whiled away the desperate months after the video game crash with my C64 which was the first computer that I (eventually) had in my own room. Years passed, and I only had inklings through friends of how great the mythical Amiga was. . . I did opt for a NES eventually, but as I got older and was distracted with things like basketball practice, school plays, and AP government tests, I found myself going back to the great games of the 64 - It was still hooked up when I left for college.

I took a break from gaming and was brought back to it (again by my brother) with the advent of 3d exploration and the pointy boobs of Lara Croft. The 'Playstation Era' lasted quite a long time for me and everything after that is not really retro gaming IMO.

A few years ago, I bought a GP2x Wiz from "ThinkGeek" and dug into the forums on GP32x.com. The Wiz reinvigorated my love for classic gaming and sent me on a path of recent collecting that includes a modded Coleco, 2 port 5200, a Sears branded Intellivision, an Odyssey 2, a Vectrex, and a Gensis + Power Base. I'm also a proud owner of the Harmony cart, the 2 Atarimax Ultimate flashcarts, the Ultimate PC interface, the Odyseey 2 233 in 1 flashcart, and the Sean Kelly Multicart for Vectrex.

I'll add a personal top games list here as that seems like a good way to get some rep. These are not in order but are listed chronologically. There is only one 2600 game on the list, but I really learned to play video games on the VCS. I can remember reading and studying the manual for Combat, Space Invaders, and Championship Soccer (6 year olds like fireworks), choosing the various game options and starting to control my own gaming experience. I've really never looked back ever since.

Pitfall 2600
Pirates! C64
Superstar Ice Hockey C64
The Legend of Zelda NES
Wing Commander PC
Tomb Raider PS1
Resident Evil PS1
Madden NFL 200x PS1
God of War PS2
Mass Effect 360

TrekMD

TrekMD

Hi there and thanks for joining. Nice intro! I think most of us walked away from gaming to some degree at some point and then got back into it.

wongojack likes this post

https://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira

Rev

Rev
Admin
Admin

Welcome, and thanks for sharing!

I love you

wongojack likes this post

http://www.intvrevolution.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: