IntellivisionRevolution Forums
Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of IntellivisionRevolution Forums on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 189 on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:05 am
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The Intellivision Forums
Statistics
We have 463 registered users
The newest registered user is greenturtle39

Our users have posted a total of 4154 messages in 881 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Intellivision Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Intellivision vs Atari 2600

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Intellivision vs Atari 2600 Empty Intellivision vs Atari 2600 Sun 13 Jul 2014, 10:39 am

TrekMD

TrekMD

The Intellivision clearly has hardware that is better than the hardware on the Atari 2600 so one would think that such a comparison is no-brainer.  But, is it?  

https://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira

2Intellivision vs Atari 2600 Empty Re: Intellivision vs Atari 2600 Sun 26 Oct 2014, 12:54 am

IntellivisionDude

IntellivisionDude
Rookie
Rookie

TrekMD wrote:The Intellivision clearly has hardware that is better than the hardware on the Atari 2600 so one would think that such a comparison is no-brainer.  But, is it?  

I may have been too generous with my results and too lazy on some. I tried to be impartial, but that's hard since i'm the Intellivision guy.

Side story. Right when i uploaded that video, i posted it in the General Gaming Section at AA and right away i had gotten 7 thumbs down on it. I think maybe i angered the Atari guys. Razz

3Intellivision vs Atari 2600 Empty Re: Intellivision vs Atari 2600 Sun 26 Oct 2014, 5:17 pm

TrekMD

TrekMD

LOL, not surprising!

https://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira

4Intellivision vs Atari 2600 Empty The unique intellivision Sun 02 Nov 2014, 10:00 am

charon

Janitor
Janitor

Intellivision is best of course. Yes it has more power than the atari but power isn't important on a console this old, there's a plethora of more powerfull consoles but none have the sole of the intellivision. It's the original games, the unique 16 direction disk controller, the ovalay system and the innovative programers. It's the intellivision that gave us Utopia, Auto Racing and Sea Battle when other consoles only had Space Invaders, Pac Man and Breakout. All 6 games specified are greate games but the intellivision games took us to another dimension.

5Intellivision vs Atari 2600 Empty Re: Intellivision vs Atari 2600 Wed 19 Nov 2014, 8:59 pm

sloan

sloan

I guess I am the odd man out in this discussion. VCS was my first love and I came to INTV late. I appreciate INTV for all it offers, but it can never compare to the VCS. Just too many quality (and some not so much) titles and fond memories. I think it really boils down to what system you had back then and the memories it brings.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum