IntellivisionRevolution Forums
Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of IntellivisionRevolution Forums on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 189 on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:05 am
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The Intellivision Forums
Statistics
We have 463 registered users
The newest registered user is greenturtle39

Our users have posted a total of 4155 messages in 882 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Intellivision Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Printing repro labels, boxes, overlays, etc.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

sloan

sloan

Just me, or has anyone else considered printing professional quality repro game materials?

I have a local printer in my town, and have thought about hitting them up regarding cost to print and die cut boxes, labels (preglued of course), controller overlays, clamshell liners, etc. My thought is that there may be some interest within the classic game collecting hobby for these items.

The main drawback is most likely going to be minimum quantities. I remember a while back when a guy was selling end labels for N64, Jaguar, and 32X game cartridges. He obviously had access to a die cut printing and gluing process.

One other item: Do any of the original publishers hold copyrights to these materials, and might they be even slightly interested in going after a video game hobbyist?

TrekMD

TrekMD

I wouldn't mind having Jaguar overlays professionally done. There are games that did not have any overlays that have fan-made designs. I've printed them using color laser on cardstock but that's not the same as having them professionally done. There also are some Activision games that could use new labels to fix the glue problem going through the labels. Heck, the 7800 Activision games need real labels with art!

https://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira

sloan

sloan

I would think that to do Jaguar overlays properly, they should be done in a thin plastic film. I wonder how many print shops could handle that? Also, in looking at the overlays I have for Jaguar games, they all have raised bumps over the various number pad buttons. I would venture to say they could not do that, but most likely would still function well without those. Thinking of it, I am missing the marine overlay for my copy of Alien vs. Predator.

TrekMD

TrekMD

Since I use the flat overlays I've made on cardstock on a laser printer to play, I can tell you they don't need to be raised to work. I think they did that to help make them more tactile during games. While definitely nice, it's not 100% necessary.

https://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Never anything high quality. I printed a few scans for some of my 5200 titles, used them in cracked/broken Sega Master/Genesis cases.

I think it would be nice idea. Wish I had more space to display boxed items.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum