IntellivisionRevolution Forums
Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of IntellivisionRevolution Forums on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 189 on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:05 am
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The Intellivision Forums
Statistics
We have 463 registered users
The newest registered user is greenturtle39

Our users have posted a total of 4155 messages in 882 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Intellivision Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Advantages of a Site Like This

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Advantages of a Site Like This Empty Advantages of a Site Like This Sun 15 Jul 2012, 8:26 pm

sloan

sloan

One thing I have seen over and over on sites with system-specific names (anything with "age" in it, for instance) is that they tend to have their fare share of fanboys and lunatics that are not willing to listen to even minute criticism of their favored system(s), no matter the truth in the commentary. My hope with Retro Gaming Revolution is that fair and balanced commentary will be accepted and that fanboyism will not be prevalent or raise its ugly head. The thing I appreciate as a collector of all systems is the positives of each. Hopefully, the people this site attracts will notice that we cover them all, so it is alright to like them all. Just my 2 cents...

2Advantages of a Site Like This Empty Re: Advantages of a Site Like This Sun 15 Jul 2012, 8:45 pm

TrekMD

TrekMD

sloan wrote:One thing I have seen over and over on sites with system-specific names (anything with "age" in it, for instance) is that they tend to have their fare share of fanboys and lunatics that are not willing to listen to even minute criticism of their favored system(s), no matter the truth in the commentary. My hope with Retro Gaming Revolution is that fair and balanced commentary will be accepted and that fanboyism will not be prevalent or raise its ugly head. The thing I appreciate as a collector of all systems is the positives of each. Hopefully, the people this site attracts will notice that we cover them all, so it is alright to like them all. Just my 2 cents...

I'm with you there. There seem to be a lot of trolls that join some of those other sites. Those folks have nothing useful to say and are just a pain to deal with.

https://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira

3Advantages of a Site Like This Empty Re: Advantages of a Site Like This Mon 16 Jul 2012, 7:50 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

I agree with you both!

4Advantages of a Site Like This Empty Re: Advantages of a Site Like This Wed 18 Jul 2012, 1:49 pm

Rev

Rev
Admin
Admin

While it would of been cool if made this site called intellivision age ( which I used to have a forum called that) like you said it is very limiting who may join. I think this site I made here can appeal to everyone. It is set up, we just need a few more users!

http://www.intvrevolution.com

5Advantages of a Site Like This Empty Re: Advantages of a Site Like This Wed 18 Jul 2012, 4:28 pm

TrekMD

TrekMD

revolutionika wrote:While it would of been cool if made this site called intellivision age ( which I used to have a forum called that) like you said it is very limiting who may join. I think this site I made here can appeal to everyone. It is set up, we just need a few more users!

That is cool. Most forums that are focused on one console do allow for posts of other consoles but usually those are not as active. I think what you've done here is cool. We need more active folks, though!

6Advantages of a Site Like This Empty Re: Advantages of a Site Like This Wed 18 Jul 2012, 5:52 pm

Rev

Rev
Admin
Admin

I have some ideas on how to advertise this forum. Don't give up on it yet! I'll also start posting in here a lot more. You guys can as well. Just so you know, the title of any of your threads are auto submitted to search engines, so that means the more threads made the more potential people will visit here and if they like it here they may join and hang around. One of the things I plan is a Facebook page and you tube and maybe a new retro gaming news site. And all will link back to here.

http://www.intvrevolution.com

7Advantages of a Site Like This Empty Re: Advantages of a Site Like This Wed 18 Jul 2012, 6:03 pm

TrekMD

TrekMD

revolutionika wrote:I have some ideas on how to advertise this forum. Don't give up on it yet! I'll also start posting in here a lot more. You guys can as well. Just so you know, the title of any of your threads are auto submitted to search engines, so that means the more threads made the more potential people will visit here and if they like it here they may join and hang around. One of the things I plan is a Facebook page and you tube and maybe a new retro gaming news site. And all will link back to here.

No worries, I certainly am not giving up! Cool to see that you have new ideas that will help promote the site!

8Advantages of a Site Like This Empty Re: Advantages of a Site Like This Wed 18 Jul 2012, 8:37 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

It is a very nice site and I hope it continues to grow!! I agree that you have some really great ideas.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum