IntellivisionRevolution Forums
Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the official IntellivisionRevolution Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of IntellivisionRevolution Forums on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 24 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 24 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 189 on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:05 am
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The Intellivision Forums
Statistics
We have 463 registered users
The newest registered user is greenturtle39

Our users have posted a total of 4154 messages in 881 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Intellivision Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best Dreamcast games?

+2
sloan
Gamer85
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Best Dreamcast games? Empty Best Dreamcast games? Thu 22 Mar 2012, 6:52 pm

Gamer85

Rookie
Rookie

What are the best Dreamcast games available playwise? Not rarest.

2Best Dreamcast games? Empty Re: Best Dreamcast games? Mon 02 Apr 2012, 1:13 pm

sloan

sloan

Unfortunately, on the DC side, I have been mostly a collector and not so much a player. Some I hear mentioned on a regular basis are Shenmue, Crazy Taxi, and Jet Grind Radio from a fun game-play standpoint.

I have also seen youtube footage of something called Segagaga that never made it to the states, but is essentially a parody of Sega's going out of the console business, programmed by their people in the waning days of DC. The youtube footage looked like an awesome space shooter. Too bad it was Japanese-only release.

3Best Dreamcast games? Empty Re: Best Dreamcast games? Sat 14 Jul 2012, 12:28 am

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

I like racing games so Test Drive series( 3 games I think), Looney Toons Space Race and Wacky Races.

Star Wars Episode I Jedi Power Battles and Star Wars Episode I Racer are both good games.

Ecco the Dolphin is worth a look. Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 is another decent title.

If you are into sports the NFL2K series still holds up well to todays Madden games.

Sega Bass and Sega Marine Fishing are must haves.

4Best Dreamcast games? Empty Re: Best Dreamcast games? Sat 14 Jul 2012, 11:22 am

sloan

sloan

If you like kart racers, DC has Woody Woodpecker Racing, Chip and Dale Racing, and the aforementioned Wacky Races.

5Best Dreamcast games? Empty Re: Best Dreamcast games? Sat 14 Jul 2012, 10:39 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

I didn't know about those two kart racers. I knew there was a European only Flinstones racer.

6Best Dreamcast games? Empty Re: Best Dreamcast games? Sat 14 Jul 2012, 10:59 pm

sloan

sloan

Actually, I was wrong on the title on the second one. Picture is shown below.

Best Dreamcast games? DisneyMagicalRacingTour

7Best Dreamcast games? Empty Re: Best Dreamcast games? Sat 14 Jul 2012, 11:02 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

You sold me! I am a big fan of kart racing.

8Best Dreamcast games? Empty Re: Best Dreamcast games? Sat 25 Oct 2014, 2:04 am

Nathan Dunsmore

Nathan Dunsmore
Rookie
Rookie

Some of my favorites on the console:

Sonic Adventure 1 and 2
Marvel vs Capcom 1 and 2
Street Fighter 3rd Strike
Power Stone 1 and 2
Dead or Alive 2
Looney Tunes Space Race
Zombie Revenge
Dynamite Cop

http://www.vgtradermag.com

9Best Dreamcast games? Empty Re: Best Dreamcast games? Sat 25 Oct 2014, 9:46 am

TrekMD

TrekMD

Cool. I just got a Dreamcast and I've started to get several games for it. Smile

https://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira

10Best Dreamcast games? Empty Re: Best Dreamcast games? Mon 24 Feb 2020, 11:28 am

intylab

intylab

Although I was more of a collector in the Dreamcast heyday and had some of the rare hardware and software, the first "killer app" title that stands out is Rez.  I think it was only released for the European Dreamcast, so to play it on a North American unit, you had to have a modchip.  I also got Shenmue II, which was only an "XBOX exclusive" if you didn't have the means to play it on a European Dreamcast.

Other games that stand out are:

Ecco the Dolphin - beautiful soundtrack, and the first game in ages that impressed me with its graphics.
The Typing of the Dead - grab two keyboards, and you'll be surprised how much fun this can be at parties.  The Tutorial mode is probably better than Mavis Beacon.
Sonic Shuffle - despite a couple flaws, I like that it improves on Mario Party by using cards, which adds strategy over just rolling dice, and also puts the VMU displays to use.  I also like that it doesn't automatically slam all the players with a minigame after every turn.
Power Stone (2) - Capcom's answer to Super Smash Bros.  It also includes a trio of minigames that you can play on your detached VMU, so get yourself some CMOS batteries.
Mr. Driller - just when you thought modern games had to be complex anymore, along comes something simple and fun.
Crazy Taxi (2) - anybody who compiles a list of best Dreamcast games and leaves this out is asleep at the wheel, pun not intended.  It's even more fun at parties if you have a steering wheel accessory.
Chu Chu Rocket - good use of multiplayer.
Samba de Amigo - obviously you had to be a hardcore collector to have one set of maracas, let alone two.  But anything that draws a crowd at parties is definitely a winner.
Capcom vs. SNK - one of the last games to put to use that cable to connect the Dreamcast to a Neo Geo Pocket Color, and fun in its own right.
Sonic Adventure - Sega's first serious effort to make Sonic relevant again after the original trilogy.  It had a lot of add-ons that you could download.  I liked the Christmas Tree that would change the music to the a cappella remix from Christmas Nights.
Skies of Arcadia - My wife loved it and played it most of the way through.  By now I'd gotten annoyed with RPGs with turn-based combat.
Quake 3 Arena - just as good as the PC version at the time, and you could play with a keyboard, mouse, VGA cable, and Broadband Adaptor, so it might as well have been a PC.  That was the problem: playing against PC users meant you were the only one who couldn't have mods/cheats.
Propellor Arena - another fantastic multiplayer game.  Sega finished it and then decided not to release it because 9/11 had just happened.
Half Life - rumor has it that it wasn't released because it was better than the Playstation 2 version.  Probably the best reason to get a keyboard and mouse for the Dreamcast.

https://linktr.ee/intylab

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum